Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Boards of Canada - Reach for the Dead (from Tomorrow's Harvest)

I may have to get this new album. The Boards of Canada's slightly wobbly synth lines have always reminded me of the soundtracks to 1970's film documentaries I watched in elementary school. The motors on the film projectors were never perfectly steady so the soundtrack of the film was always slightly wobbly. It's funny that I just realized that the group got their name from the National Film Board of Canada. This video from their new album is also so very reminiscent of 1970's documentaries and art films, complete with desert scenes, intentional lens-flares and grainy film dust.

1 comment:

puddles said...

Personally, I love it. I think the previous album reminds my favorite from them, but this is a nice surprise. Get it on vinyl