Friday, August 2, 2013

Bible Scholar and Author of 'Misquoting Jesus' Speaks on the Contradictions and Misinterpretations in the Bible

This lecture is well worth the listen if you've got some extra time. I love listening to lectures, audiobooks and music while I'm in the studio working on art. My hands and eyes are busy with art, but I can listen to things all day long. I am considering buying Ehrman's more recent 2010 book called Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (And Why We Don't Know About Them)

'Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why' is a book by Bart D. Ehrman, a New Testament scholar at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The book introduces lay readers to the field of textual criticism of the Bible. Ehrman discusses a number of textual variants that resulted from intentional or accidental manuscript changes during the scriptorium era. This book made it to the New York Times Best Seller list.

No comments: