Sunday, May 23, 2010

Late Night Music with Supersilent

Since nobody is watching this anyway, I thought I would post one of my favorite bands that nobody likes.
I am a big fan of Supersilent. I think the band would be best described as an improvisational free jazz band who incorporates the analog sounds of obscure 1970's science fiction/ art film soundtracks.
This is the beginning segment of Supersilent 7 .

Albums by Supersilent usually begin fairly quiet, but build and then lull and build into a riotous cacophony taking the audience on a roller-coaster ride.
Here is the fourth track from their 7th album, creatively named 7.4
Supersilent - 7.4 from boyrobot on Vimeo.
From Wikipedia:
Supersilent was formed when the free jazz trio Veslefrekk (Arve Henriksen on trumpet, keyboardist Ståle Storløkken, and Jarle Vespestad on drums) played a concert with producer, live electronics artist and self-described "audio virus" Helge Sten (a.k.a. Deathprod).

No comments: